Your child’s oral health is extremely important to our Derek M. Lichter, DDS, Inc. team, and dental emergencies are not our friends. If your child is currently experiencing a dental emergency, Dr. Derek M. Lichter asks you to stay calm, sooth your child, call 619.422.5317 and schedule an emergency appointment, and do the following things until you get to our office:
· For a knocked-out tooth: Keep the tooth as moist as possible. You can try putting the tooth back into place, but if you decide to do so, please do not force it and do not put it in backwards. If you wish to try a different method, you or your child can place the tooth in between your gums and cheeks or you can simply place the tooth in a glass of milk.
· For a cracked tooth: Swish the mouth with warm water as soon as possible. This will clean the area. Then, place a cold compress just outside the area to keep the swelling down.
· For a bitten lip or tongue: Gently clean the area and ice the lip or tongue to relieve pain and reduce swelling.
· For a toothache: Rinse the mouth with warm water and gently floss around the tooth to remove any particles or objects that might be stuck. Whatever you do, do not put pain pills on the throbbing tooth or gums.
· For an object stuck between teeth: Try to remove the object with dental floss. Do not try to remove it with a sharp or pointed tool.
Call our office today if you need us to assist you in any other way! Our team cares for your child and their smile, and we are here to help in any way we can. So, please do not hesitate to give us a call so we can give you the assistance you need. We look forward to hearing from you!