Dear Valued Patient,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few years and while many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our focus is your safety and comfort.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association® (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. In addition, we have instituted even more stringent safeguards.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will encourage you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be scheduled to allow for social distancing between patients.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you and to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Please come into the office alone, except for minors or patients needing assistance.
- Please come 10 minutes early for your appointment to help the flow of the office.
- Our team members are taking extra precautions with enhanced personal protective equipment that is changed for each patient procedure.
- We ask you to please wear a mask when you visit our office. If your temperature is 100° or more, or if you are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms, please err on the side of caution and reschedule for a later date.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe in our practice.
If you wish to make an appointment, please call our office at 619 591-8945. We urge you to join us in continued cautious management of the COVID-19 pandemic. We value your trust.
Dr. Derek M. Lichter and Team